Universities in Search of a Balance between New and Familiar Goals
Russian Educational Research Association (RERA) is pleased to invite higher education scholars of all relevant backgrounds, in various specialist areas and at different levels to join us in Moscow during October 24–25, 2018 for the IX International Russian Higher Education Conference (RHEC, earlier - RAHER).
This year, the Conference’s special topic is “Universities in search of a balance between new and familiar goals”.
In this rapidly changing world, the modern university is expected to timely and flexibly respond to various socioeconomic transformations around in order to sustain and reinforce its role as a pivotal linchpin of lives better lived, social cohesion and economic growth. That said, universities have in practice not always been able to promptly and adequately meet the multiple requirements of their stakeholders (students, faculty, markets, government, and society), as they have often failed to react to global trends and have faltered in the ever-accelerating competition with other players in the educational market. It is, therefore, time for universities to largely rethink their goals as well as strategies and means for getting these new imperatives best accomplished.
The 2018 RERA Conference will center its discussions on the following key topics:
- Internationalization of Higher Education
- School, University, Labor market: Bridging the Gaps
- Different Goals and Different Student Outcomes
- Universities and Lifelong Learning
- Modern Graduate School: Training for Academic and Non-Academic Sector
- Universities and Regional Economy
- Academic Profession Transformations
- University Management in the Context of Conflicting objectives
We also welcome submissions on other topics and areas in higher education research.